1.2. Woodlands is a home owners association that operates an exclusive security residential living estate in the northern outskirts of Bloemfontein. It is close to nature but with the convenience of the city just around the corner. It is a modern lifestyle but with a twist.
- The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECTA”) provides for valid and binding contracts to be concluded in electronic format and to be established over the internet. Section 11 and Section 22(1) of ECTA assures the validity of contracts concluded either wholly or partly by means of data message. Contracts concluded electronically are thus the functional equivalent of contracts concluded on paper.
2.2. Amended or updated terms
2.3. Legal Age and Capacity
3. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1. We respect your right to privacy, as contained in section 14 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa of 1996, and which forms the cornerstone of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”).
3.2. In order for us to assist you, it may be necessary for you to share some of your personal information with us from time to time.
3.3. Woodlands shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users on our Website. For the purposes of this section, “Personal Information” will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in POPIA. Any such Personal Information that you may share with us, and the reasons why such information is required, will depend on the nature and scope of your relationship with Woodlands.
3.4. We subscribe to the principles for electronically collecting Personal Information outlined in POPIA, and the further legislation referred to therein, and are committed to maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
3.5. We use suppliers or service providers who we trust to provide services to us and sometimes that involves sharing your information with them. They operate under strict requirements aimed at keeping your Personal Information secure and confidential and they will only use such information for the purpose for which we have sent it to them.
3.6. While we may transfer and outsource your Personal Information for operational reasons and to execute our instructions, all Personal Information submitted or provided by you will be treated confidentially and Woodlands will not sell (unless this Website or its business is sold to a new owner), rent, lease or disclose your Personal Information to unauthorised third parties.
4. PRIVACY STATEMENT
- The provision and performance of any services or provision of any goods and products obtained from us (as the case may be or relevant circumstances may require from time to time).
- Informing you of changes made to our services or goods and products offered.
- The provision of marketing related services to you by Woodlands.
- Responding to any queries or requests you may have.
- Developing a more direct and substantial relationship with users for the purposes described in this clause.
- Understanding general user trends and patterns so that we can develop and support existing and ongoing marketing strategies.
- For security, administrative and/or legal purposes.
- The creation and development of market data profiles which may provide insight into market norms, practices and trends to help us improve our offering to you. Such information will be compiled and retained in aggregated form but shall not be used in any manner that may comprise the identity of a user.
- For any other purpose relating to providing products and services, and when we have a legal duty to use or disclose your information.
4.3. Subject to clauses 3.5 and 3.6 above, the Personal Information that we collect from our users will only be accessed by Woodlands’ employees, representatives, service providers and consultants on a need-to-know basis, and subject to reasonable confidentiality obligations binding such persons.
4.4. We store your Personal Information directly, or alternatively, store your Personal Information on, and transfer your Personal Information to, a central database. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of Personal Information, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
5. COLLECTION OF TECHNICAL INFORMATION
Technical information refers to all information that does not by itself identify a specific individual user. As you navigate our Website, certain technical information may be passively collected by the web server of Woodlands through the use of ‘cookies’ and/or ‘server logs’ and by proceeding to use the Website you accordingly acknowledge and agree to this.
6. LOG FILES
6.1. When you visit our Website, even if you do not request any goods or services (as the case may be), we may collect information, such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address through which you access the Internet, the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your browser, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our Website that you visit and in what sequence, the date and length of your access to our Website, and other information concerning your computer’s operating system, language settings, and broad demographic information. This information is used to help improve our Website, analyse trends, and to administer our Website.
6.2. This information is aggregated as anonymous data and does not identify you specifically. However, you acknowledge that this data may be capable of being used to identify you if it is aggregated with other Personal Information that you supply to us. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within Woodlands on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above, without your explicit permission.
7.2. Cookies and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser types, operating systems, tracking the number of visitors and/or users on the Website, and understanding how visitors and/or users use the Website.
7.4. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any Personal Information while you are browsing the Website and in general, Personal Information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology. However, if you have previously provided or exposed personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
8.1. The Website may contain links to other third-party websites operated by parties other than Woodlands (“Third-Party Websites“), and over which we have no control. You are advised to use caution and discretion when searching or accessing such Third-Party Websites or clicking on third-party website links.
8.2. Kindly take note that if you select a link to any Third-Party Website, you may be subject to such Third-Party Website’s terms and conditions and/or other policies, which are not under the control, nor the responsibility of Woodlands.
8.3. Users should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any Third-Party Website before disclosing any Personal Information to them. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of Personal Information.
8.4. Kindly be aware that Woodlands is further not responsible for the privacy practices or content of Third-Party Websites in any manner whatsoever.
9.1. We take your privacy and the security of your Personal Information seriously. For this purpose, we –
- have implemented reasonable and up-to-date security safeguards;
- have in place reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process; and
- regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
9.2. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be one hundred percent secure at all times. Although Woodlands reasonably endeavours to ensure the integrity, security and confidentiality of Personal Information submitted and/or obtained from you, we cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring in relation to the personal technology devices of users, such as, but not limited to, personal computers, tablets and mobile phones due to the lack of adequate virus protection software and/or spyware.
9.3. In addition to the above, subject to the provisions of POPIA and related legislation, Woodlands will not be held liable under any circumstances if Personal Information shared by yourself, in the manner as contemplated herein but which takes place at your own risk, is compromised, disseminated or otherwise disclosed through conduct outside the reasonable control of Woodlands, for example by means of hacking, infection by viruses, trojan horses or any other computer programming routines or software that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or Personal Information.
9.4. While we cannot prevent all security threats, or ensure and/or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments and will let you know of any breaches which affect your Personal Information.
10. YOUR RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES
10.1. You have the right to know what Personal Information we have about you, to correct it and to opt-out of any direct marketing.
10.2. In addition to the above, you have the right to-
- ask what Personal Information we hold about you;
- ask what information was sent to our suppliers, service providers or any other third party;
- ask us to update, correct or delete any out-of-date or incorrect Personal Information we hold about you;
- unsubscribe from any direct marketing communications we may send you; and/or
- object to the processing of your Personal Information.
10.3. Please take note that it can take us up to 21 (TWENTY-ONE) business days to respond to your request in terms of this clause.
10.4. We can refuse to delete your information if we are required by law to retain it or if we need it to protect our rights.
11. CONTACT US