VISITOR PROCESSING NOTICE
WOODLAND HILLS WILDLIFE ESTATE VISITOR PROCESSING NOTICE
in terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013
• NO FIREARMS ARE PERMITTED ON THE PREMISES.
• NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO CONSUME ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES ON THE PREMISES.
• NO ONE IS ALLOWED ONTO THE PREMISES IF UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS or ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES.
• NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO SPEED WITHIN THE ESTATE.
• VIOLENCE, STEALING AND THE COMMISSION OF ANY CRIME IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND PERPETRATORS MAY BE PROSECUTED.
• ALL THE PREMISES ARE UNDER CONSTANT CCTV SURVEILLANCE.
1. PURPOSE OF THIS PROCESSING NOTICE
1.1 We, Hillandale Homeowners Association NPC, registration number: 2005/010574/08, situated at 144 Swartwitpens Crescent, Woodland Hills Wildlife Estate (referred to herein as “we”, “us”, “Hillandale Homeowners Association” or “Woodland Hills”, in our capacity as a Responsible Party (as defined in paragraph 1.2 below), in order to engage with you, will have to Process (as defined in paragraph 1.2 below) your Personal Information (as defined in paragraph 1.2 below), and in doing so, will have to comply with a law known as the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), which regulates and controls the Processing of a person’s Personal Information in South Africa, which processing includes the collection, use, and transfer of a person’s Personal Information as explained below.
1.2. For the purpose of this Processing Notice, please take note of the following words and phrases which will be used throughout this Processing Notice:
• “Consent” means the consent, which you give to us to Process your Personal Information. This consent must be voluntary, specific and informed. Following this, once we have explained to you why we need your Personal Information and what we will be doing with it, as we do herein, you are then, in relation to certain uses of the information, required to give us your permission to use it, which permission or consent can be express or implied, implied meaning that consent demonstrated by way of your actions.
• “Data Subject” means you, the person who owns and who will provide us with your Personal Information for Processing, and to whom the Personal Information relates and is therefore the party whose Personal Information is Processed by Responsible Parties. Data Subjects include identifiable, living natural persons and if applicable, an identifiable existing juristic person, to whom Personal Information may relate.
• “Operator” is any person who processes your Personal Information on our behalf as a sub-contractor, in terms of a contract or mandate, without coming under the direct authority of us. These persons for illustration purposes may include security services, service providers, auditors, legal practitioners, organs of state, government, provincial and municipal bodies.
• “Personal Information” means any information relating to an identifiable, living natural person and if applicable, to an existing identifiable juristic person, and which includes general Personal Information (including, but not limited to: Your name, address, contact details, date of birth, place of birth, identity number, passport number, bank details, details about your employment, tax number and financial information; vehicle registration; Images, either by way of CCTV devices) and Special Personal Information (as defined below, but as the relevant context and circumstances may require).
• “Premises” means Woodland Hills Wildlife Estate situated in Bloemfontein, Free State.
• “Processing” / “Process” or “Processed” means in relation to Personal Information, the collection, receipt, recording, organisation, collation, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, alteration, consultation or use; dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form; merging, linking, as well as restriction, degradation, erasure or destruction of information; or sharing with, transfer and further processing, including physical, manual and automatic means. This is a wide definition and therefore includes all types of usage of your Personal Information by us including the initial processing when we first collect your Personal Information and any further and ongoing processing.
• “Purpose” means the reason why your Personal Information needs to be processed by us.
• “Responsible Party” means us, the person who is processing your Personal Information and who is responsible for ensuring compliance with POPIA when Processing Personal Information as defined in POPIA.
• “Special Personal Information” including race, gender, pregnancy, national, ethnic or social origin, colour, physical or mental health, disability, criminal history, including offences committed or alleged to have been committed, membership of a trade union and biometric information, such as images, fingerprints and voiceprints, blood typing, fingerprinting, DNA analysis, retinal scanning and voice recognition.
• “You” means you as a visitor to the Premises, whether in your capacity as a visitor to a resident or a contractor performing work for a resident within the Premises, as you will will be providing us, the Responsible Party with your Personal Information, for processing.
1.3. In accordance with the requirements of POPIA, and because your privacy and trust are important to us, we set out below how we collect, use, and share your Personal Information and the reasons why we need to use and process your Personal Information.
2. APPLICATION OF PROCESSING NOTICE
This Processing Notice applies to you and all persons who come onto any of our Premises, including without limitation any home, gardens, parks, streets, tennis courts, offices, reception and waiting rooms, operational areas and facilities.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WE NEED
In in order to gain access to the Premises we have to Process the following Personal Information, which pertains to you:
• The name, surname and identity/ passport number of the visitor.
• The registration number of any vehicle entering the Premises to transport the visitor, as well as the driver’s identity document and driver’s license.
• Once-off access code sent to visitor to enter premises.
• The completed and signed contractor registration form.
• The name, surname, identity/ passport number and photo of the contractor, as well as a description of the services that you will be providing and on what days and for what duration.
• The initials and surname of the resident making use of the services of the contractor, as well as the stand number, street name and number, cell phone number and his/her signature.
• The registration number of any vehicle entering the Premises to transport the contractor, as well as the driver’s identity document and driver’s license.
• Once-off access code sent to contractor to enter premises.
4. PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information will be Processed by us for the following Purposes –
4.1. to facilitate access into and out of the Premises;
4.2. to ascertain who is entering and leaving the Premises;
4.3. to monitor movements on or in the Premises;
4.4. to ensure a safe residential environment;
4.5. to comply with laws, including security, health and safety related laws and legal obligations;
4.6. to manage security services provided in relation to the Premises;
4.7. for the purposes of registering all persons who enter and leave the Premises;
4.8. for the purposes of managing and investigating security incidents; including accidents within the Premises or attention to emergency evacuations; and
4.9. other security measures in general.
5. SHARING AND RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
5.1. Your Personal Information may under certain circumstances have to be shared with internal parties and/or third parties for the purposes detailed herein.
5.2. Your Personal Information will be disposed of within 12 (TWELVE) months of you leaving our Premises, save where it may be required for a longer period. In this regard we retain Personal Information in accordance with our retention schedule, which varies depending on the type of Processing, the purpose for such Processing, the business function, record classes, and record types. We calculate retention periods based upon and reserve the right to retain Personal Information for the periods that the personal information is needed to:
• fulfil the purposes described in this Privacy Statement;
• meet the timelines determined or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations;
• comply with applicable laws, legal holds, and other legal obligations (including contractual obligations), and
• comply with your requests.
6.1. By providing us with the Personal Information which we require from you as listed under this Processing Notice –
• you acknowledge that you understand why your Personal Information needs to be Processed;
• you accept the terms which will apply to such Processing, including the terms applicable to the transfer of such Personal Information cross border; and
• where consent is required for any Processing as reflected in this Processing Notice, you agree, by virtue of you handing us the Personal Information, that we may Process this particular Personal Information.
6.2. Furthermore, you confirm that where you provide us with another person’s Personal Information for Processing that you have obtained the required permission from such person (s) to provide us with their Personal Information for Processing.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF THE ABOVE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU ACCESS TO THE PREMISES